The little black dress is a classic wardrobe staple every woman should own (actually, we fully encourage having several). But sometimes we fall into a bit of a fashion rut, wearing our LBDs the exact same way every time. And while it surely looks good with those black pumps and chandelier earrings, we promise, there are plenty of ways you can dress your closet classic up and down. Here are ten ways to wear your little black dress:
1. Dress up your LBD with polka dot tights. They’ll add a trendy touch and are adorable at any age. Top off the look with black pumps and a pair of Pave Hoops.
2. Add some bold color by wearing a bright pink or royal blue blazer over the top. Accessorize with nude tights, nude pumps and some chic celebrity jewelry, such as the Cut-Out Cuff worn by Kristin Davis.
3. Make your handbag steal the spotlight. If you’ve got a designer bag in a bright color, make that your LBD’s main accessory.
4. Add a little edge by wearing a black leather jacket over your LBD. Accessorize with a red clutch and red lipstick.
5. A little black dress with a higher neckline will look elegant when accessorized with long necklaces. We recommend wearing a Leatherette at its full 45“ length and layering it with another necklace or two for a sophisticated look. Finish off the ensemble with a pair of ankle boots and some skinny bangles.
6. Sometimes only the most elegant accessories will do. If you’ve got a big night out and you need to sparkle, wear some sky-high, shimmery stilettos—if you don’t own any, your event is a great excuse to buy some. Accessorize with our most glamorous celebrity earrings, the Green Beryl Drop Earrings, and carry a metallic clutch.
7. Embellish your little black dress with a brooch or pin. The right brooch can make even your oldest LBD look new again. Since the dress’s embellishment will provide plenty of bling, stick to a simple pair of earrings like our Faux Bois Wave Earrings and skip the necklace.
8. Go crazy with colored heels! If you own a pair of leopard print pumps or red strappy sandals, your LBD makes a perfect pairing. Colored or printed heels were practically made for wearing with this closet classic. Accessorize with similar hues, but don’t be too matchy-matchy...the black dress makes a perfect canvas for creative color play.
9. Create extra waist definition by wearing a skinny colored belt around your waist. In addition to whittling your middle, it will add contemporary flair to your dress. For a more subtle contrast, wear a shimmery black belt.
10. Want to be dripping in gold? Wear your LBD with a Gold Venice Cuff, a Montauk Pebble Cluster Necklace and metallic heels. Finish it off with a classic smoky eye for added glamour.