One of the new chic boho style bracelets from Pame designs is actually a new twist on the cutout cuff. This one has studded leather woven through the metal. It gives a little attitude to an already eye-catching piece of jewelry. Adding fabric or other materials to an existing bracelet to provide extra texture is a great way to make it more boho. Here’s one idea for how to do this at home – no sewing skills required!
Fabric Wrapped Bangle
You will need the following:
1. Two plain metal bangles
Fairly narrow ones will work best (less than half an inch thick). However, you can use one thick and one thin if you’d like to create an asymmetrical set. They should be bracelets that fit easily over your hand and that are fairly loose on your wrist.
2. A long, thin accent scarf in a lightweight material
Choose the kind you might tie around a sunhat or wear to hold back your hair. One with tasseled knots or fringe on the ends is perfect. You may want to pick one in a vibrant color like aqua or yellow for summer. A fabric with metallic threads woven through it works particularly well.
Steps for Wrapping the Bracelets:
1. Thread the scarf through the first bracelet so the bangle is at the mid-point of the scarf
2. Bring the two ends of the scarf together, letting the bangle hang down like a pendant on a necklace
3. Spin the bangle to twist the scarf into a long rope – the tighter the better (just like tightening the string on a yo-yo)
4. Wrap the twisted scarf around and through the bracelet over and over until you get all the way around to the starting point and the whole bangle is covered
5. Thread the ends of the scarf under the original knot to hold them in place
6. Add the second bangle by tying it snugly to the first bracelet with the ends of the scarf
7. Twist the ends of the scarf into a rope again
8. Wrap the second bangle just like the first
9. Thread the tails under and tie a final knot to keep the scarf in place
10. Let the very ends of the scarf hang free so that the fringe is visible
That’s it! You can experiment with different ways to wrap the bracelets and add ribbons, leather thongs, feathers, or other materials to add even more chic boho style.