- Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Inspiration is all around us, that much is certain. But what inspires one may not inspire another. A writer may be inspired by overhearing a conversation, while a graphic designer might get inspired by the way tall blades of grass look. Each of us views the world through a different set of eyes, so different things will trigger those places in our minds that encourage us to create, move, take a chance or do whatever it is that we need to do.
Many of our boho style jewelry was inspired by natural elements. The appropriately named Montauk Pebble Necklace, recently featured in Nylon magazine, was inspired by the gorgeous oasis of Montauk, our Roman Glass Slice Necklace was inspired by the beautiful beaches of Mexico.
And while the ocean is perfect inspiration for all things beautiful, it’s not just the scenery that inspires our designer to create. Since Tahitian pearls are known for providing protection and good luck when you’re in the water, Pame Designs offers lots of beach jewelry that features them, such as the Triple Tahitian Pearl Wrap. The Oblong Pave Nugget, one of our most popular pieces. was inspired by some natural stones we thought would look better with a little sparkle.
For some, it’s not art that needs creating or jewelry that needs designing. Some people may need inspiration to do something they’ve resolved to do this year, like finding a new job or getting into shape. They may look to traditional places for inspiration, such as others’ success stories or motivational quotes. Or, something more serendipitous may happen...one may get inspired by a magazine cover, take a yoga class, fall in love with the practice and get into shape in the process.
The beautiful thing about inspiration is that it can guide you to living your best life, doing amazing things and having meaningful experiences. But to be inspired, you’ve got to know how to find inspiration. A few good ways are:
- Try new things. Step outside of your comfort zone once in awhile. Take a dance class, try new recipes or start to learn a new language.
- Take a camera out for a walk and photograph everything that looks beautiful to you.
- Read books, blogs and articles about people who have overcome obstacles and achieved greatness.
- Watch inspirational speeches, like TED talks.
- Have coffee with your best friends and ask them what they’re most grateful for.
- Listen to music that moves you.
- Take a solo vacation, even if it’s just for a weekend.
- Reflect on everything you’ve accomplished in life and think about how you got there.
- Buy some new fashion magazines and pay attention to the colors and patterns you like the most.
- Read about different periods of history and different cultures.
So… what inspires you?