- Sunday, December 29, 2013
As we end the holiday season and greet the new year, it’s natural to focus on fresh starts and setting goals. In addition to the standard New Year’s Eve resolutions (and the exciting style and beauty resolutions), it might be fun to go through your closet and jewelry box to see how many new outfits you can create from pieces you already own. If you’ve been living in sweaters and jeans all winter, break away from those standard staples and get creative with your separates and chic jewelry. With a little creativity, you can easily maximize the contents of your closet.
1. Sequins aren’t just for holiday parties! You can incorporate them into your everyday ensembles—even your work outfits! Try pairing a sequin skirt with a soft sweater, tights and ankle boots. Or, wear a sequin tank top with a blazer and jeans. Top off the look with a Zig Zag Bangle, which has a subtle shine that won’t distract from the sparkling sequins.
2. Wearing all black is chic and stylish, if it’s done right. Play with textures and pair a black leather peplum top with black skinny pants. From there you can add color with some bright heels and a bold handbag. Gold jewelry like our Wave Bangle looks especially elegant when worn with a black outfit, but we also like the colorful contrast the Turquoise Labradorite Wrap will provide.
3. Some of your sleeveless summer dresses may work for winter. Simply add leggings, a long cardigan and a scarf and you’ll have an outfit that’s ready for a cold day. Just make sure any jewelry designs you wear aren’t too summery.
4. Wearing white all winter is in style this year—but have you tried blending black and white yet? Take a white chunky sweater, add a black skirt, wear some white tights and a black hat and you’ll have a look that’s totally Parisian-chic.
5. Did you buy in to the tartan plaid shirt trend of Fall 2013? Try wearing it with a knee-length leather skirt, ankle boots and a set of Studded Bangles. The edgy femininity of the leather skirt will offset the Western look of the plaid perfectly.
6. Slip on a long-sleeved white button-up shirt under a sleeveless dress. Whether it’s a black, plaid or printed dress, it will add trendy texture without creating extra bulk.
7. If you have a graphic sweatshirt, pair it with a skirt instead of your standard jeans. Then add some decorative flats and some Hollywood jewelry. The creative combination will be the definition of casual-chic.
8. You know that light, faux leather motorcycle jacket you haven’t worn since early October? Start wearing it as your outfit’s top layer instead of as a coat. You’ll add instant edge to any ensemble.
As we enter the new year, spend some time digging through your closet and finding creative clothing combinations. Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you have to settle for subpar style.