Every well-dressed woman knows a certain style secret: her wardrobe must have plenty of standard staples that can be worn with a wide variety of other pieces. The savvy female fashionista always makes sure that her closet contains plenty of basics, no matter how trendy the rest of her clothes are. The key is knowing how to change the look of these staples using the right accessories like bold scarves and chic jewelry.
Accessorizing is an art form, but it’s one that is easily mastered. To help you become more style savvy, we’ll take the two most common wardrobe staples and show you the best ways to accessorize them. Before you know it, you’ll be mixing and matching like you were born to be a style queen.
1. Whether she’s a posh professional or a beachy Bohemian, practically every woman’s wardrobe has a plain white button-up top. Crisp, clean and classic, this staple will never go out of style. Investing in one of these means having an array of wardrobe options for life since there are tons of ways to style them. Here are just a few suggestions:
- Keep it classic and wear your button-up with black pants, oxfords and a sleek black blazer. Add our Hand Brushed Lariat in Natural Leather or the Oblong Pave Nugget in Matte Gold.
- Go boho and wear it with a fringed denim skirt, strappy sandals and a Zig Zag Bangle layered with other skinny gold and silver bangles. Finish it off with a Gold Wave Necklace.
- For a casual-chic look, wear your button-up with jeans and ankle boots. Tie a printed scarf around your neck and use a statement ring to bring out the scarf’s hues. We love our Blossom Ring in Rose Quartz and our Deco rings for adding a pop of sophistication to this casual look. If it gets cold, layer on a long cardigan.
2. What closet would be complete without a little black dress? We realize there are many models of this timeless treasure, but to get the most versatility, we recommend getting a classic, simple silhouette with short or long sleeves rather than a fancy embellished or asymmetrical LBD. That way you can get several awesome ensembles out of one key piece.
- For a casual day out window shopping or perusing the Farmer’s Market, add a long cardigan and a printed pair of ballet flats to your dress. Layer our Moon Charm Necklace with a plain gold chain to add a little boho style jewelry to the mix.
- Wear your LBD to the office or a professional event by adding a colorful scarf, a posh jacket or blazer, and a pair of color coordinated pumps. We like red, emerald green and bold shades of blue best with black, but any color combination works. Finish off the ensemble with a pair of Faux Bois Wave Earrings. Simple jewelry paired with bold accessories make every woman look well-dressed.
- Get glammed up for date night by wearing your LBD with a pair of strappy heels, Green Beryl Drop Earrings and a Pave Ball Bangle. Don’t forget to carry a chic clutch!